INDUSTRY-FIRST 98-INCH 4K TOUCH DISPLAY
Planar has launched the industry’s largest 4K touch display with its Planar UltraRes 98” Touch. Combining a multi-touch, multi-user experience with native Ultra HD resolution, the display is designed for resolution-rich collaborative applications including meeting rooms, training facilities, command and control centres, and interactive digital signage.
“Planar has been first to market with a variety of new 4K display solutions, and the Planar UltraRes 98” Touch represents another industry milestone,” says product marketing manager Becky Connors. “With its multi-touch support, enhanced durability and sleek design, the display sets the bar for interactive commercial experiences, demonstrating our ongoing commitment to offering the best in 4K technology.”
- Seamless touch: 32 simultaneous touch points, 500-nit brightness, 2D and 3D viewing. The 98-inch diagonal is without seams, offering the largest touch surface area without bezel disruption.
- Clarity: With a native 4K resolution of 3840 x 2160, the Planar UltraRes 98” Touch brings the highest level of clarity in text and fine detail for touch users viewing at close distances.
- Built-in software: Planar’s UltraRes MediaPlex software allows up to eight directly attached sources to be viewed, four at a time, in full HD quadrants. Whether sources are full HF, sub-1080 or 4K, they can be viewed in the 1080 quadrants or scaled up to fill the entire display area.
- Durability: Planar’s ERO (Extended Ruggedness and Optics) optical bonding technology offers added protection in high-traffic and long-term use. The bonded glass screen improves optical performance and touch accuracy by eliminating the air gap between the protective glass and LCD screen.
- Plug-in modules: available for integration with AMX, Crestron and Savant, saving programming and installation time and costs.
- Sleek design: elegant design with a narrow, logo-free bezel. Using Planar’s Profile Mounting System, it installs around 101mm (4-inches) from the wall.
- Power management: uses the latest-generation LED backlight technology and passive cooling for maximum energy efficiency. It consumes less than 0.5W of energy in standby mode, and incorporates a fanless, whisper-quiet design.
The new model is available from December for AU$76,879 RRP (inc. GST).
Source: media release
Image Design Technology: (02) 9417 4924 or www.idt.com.au