Audio Visual Solution Designer – Full Time
University of Technology Sydney - Sydney, NSW.
Our vision is to be a leading public university of technology recognised for our global impact. We are a dynamic and innovative university, ranked by QS Top 50 Under 50 rankings as Australia’s top young university. With a culturally diverse campus life and extensive international exchange and research programs, UTS prepares graduates for the workplaces of today and tomorrow.
The UTS Information Technology Unit is currently seeking an Audio-Visual Solution Designer to join the team at their Broadway campus. The Solution Designer is responsible to analyse and document client’s business requirements and consult them about the most appropriate technology solution. Furthermore, the Solution Designer is developing best-in-class technology solutions and will express in concise tender, construction, and as-built documentation packages. The AV Solution Designer seeks approval from internal governance groups and ensures that the solution meets current legal and building compliance requirements.
The Av Solution Designer Key Responsibilities Include:
- Demonstrated experience in developing AV tender documentation, including Bill of Materials, AV schematics, elevations, services provisions, and functional descriptions of teaching, training, and meeting spaces
- Detailed knowledge of relevant AV products and their specific design principles, including up-to-date accreditations from vendors like Crestron, QSC, Dante, Poly and others
- Advanced skills in AV-design relevant software: Microsoft VISIO, BlueBeam, Crestron VT-Pro, QSys Designer or similar technology,
- In-depth knowledge of video-conferencing products and technologies and their underlying principles, including USB/BYOD conferencing, room-based conferencing, Echo-Cancellation practices, and advanced features like lighting integration and smart camera controls
- Hands-on experience in large-scale educational AV deployments, either as AV Designer or Technical Leader to direct commissioning activities
- Knowledge in physical installations, integration and implementation of AV solutioning and troubleshooting
- Experience in Network-related AV solutions will be highly regarded
- Ability to communicate effectively with different stakeholders internal and external to AVS/IT, including non-technical end-users and Architects / Services Consultants, by creating high-level as well as detailed drawings, concise functional descriptions, and GUI mock-ups
Base Salary Range: $129,255 to $135,410 pa (HEW 9)
This role attracts 17% superannuation (pension) in addition to the base salary.
UTS staff also benefit from a wide range of Employee Benefits include flexible work practices, child care centres, generous parental leave and salary packaging opportunities. This position is full time and appointment will be made on a Fixed-Term basis for 2 years.
How To Apply
For the full list of the selection criteria and role responsibilities, please download the Position Description (available in the Documents section).
You are required to submit a resume and cover letter as part of your application. As you will be unable to save your application once started, please have all required documents and information available prior to commencing.
Please ensure that the file name for each document submitted includes IRC247185 and your name
Specific enquiries or issues with your application may be directed to the UTS Recruitment Team via email@example.com
Applicants must have current and valid work rights in Australia for the duration of the contract term.
UTS Recruitment care about digital accessibility. If there is any content in our advertising that you have struggled with, please make us aware so that we can make our information accessible to all.
In addition, if you have a disability that requires adjustment to the recruitment process or an alternative application pathway please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
UTS is recognised widely as supporting inclusivity and diversity through our Wingara Indigenous Employment Strategy, Social Impact Framework and UTS Access and Inclusion Plan. Cited as a WGEA Employer of Choice since the inception of the award, we were among the first Australian institutions to receive the Athena SWAN Bronze Accreditation for our commitment to action addressing gender equity in the STEMM disciplines.
We welcome applications from women, Indigenous Australians, people with disability, those who identify as LGBTIQ and applicants from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Closing Date: 19th of July 2023 at 11.59pm (AEST)