Event AV Technician – UNSW
Full Time - Sydney, NSW.
UNSW isn’t like other places you’ve worked. Yes, we’re a large organisation with a diverse and talented community; a community doing extraordinary things. Together, we are driven to be thoughtful, practical, and purposeful in all we do. Taking this combined approach is what makes our work matter. It’s the reason we’re one of the top 50 universities in the world and a member of Australia’s prestigious Group of Eight. If you want a career where you can thrive, be challenged and do meaningful work, you’re in the right place.
The Production Team sit within the UNSW Hospitality department, which also includes the Client Services and Venue Management Teams.
UNSW Hospitality are specialists in delivering meetings and events for internal and external clients across a variety of venues, including UNSW City Centre, John Niland Scientia Building, Clancy Auditorium and The Science Theatre. Hospitality coordinate and deliver the venue logistics, audio-visual support and work closely with the contracted caterers to ensure a consistent quality hospitality experience. The Production team are responsible for providing superior customer services in selling, booking, and delivering Hospitality’s audio-visual services to internal and external clients, with a focus on providing solutions to achieve clients desired outcomes.
Why Your Role Matters
The Production Operator is responsible for the onsite delivery of technical requirements for meetings and events. This role reports to the Production Manager and has no direct reports. Weekend and after-hours work will be required in this role on a needs basis to deliver onsite events (shift penalties apply for after hours and weekends).
Some of the AV equipment and software you will work with includes NewTek TriCaster video switchers, BlackMagic ATEM video switchers, Dataton Watchout video servers, Allen & Heath dLive 3500, SQ6 & SQ5 audio mixers, Sony PXW-Z280 4K HDR cameras, Panasonic AW-UE100 PTZ cameras, Hog 4 lighting consoles and the Adobe Creative Cloud Suite (free for all staff).
Who You Are
- Relevant tertiary qualification in audio visual technologies or equivalent competency gained through any other combination of education, training and experience.
- Proven experience in a customer facing audio-visual technical support role or similar.
- Experience supervising small teams of technical staff on live events.
- Demonstrated experience in the operation, maintenance and installation of theatre and audio-visual systems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to communicate effectivity and ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with a variety of internal and external clients.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise tasks, work autonomously, problem solve, collaborate effectively, maintain strong attention to detail, meet deadlines and exercise initiative.
- Well-developed computer skills across Windows and Mac OS, as well as experience with software such as Microsoft PowerPoint and other event production related software packages.
Further details can be found in a copy of the Position Description linked below or via JOBS@UNSW.
Benefits And Culture
People are at the core of everything we do. We recognise it is the contributions of our employees who make UNSW one of the best universities in Australia and the world.
Our Benefits Include:
- Flexible Working Options
- Career development opportunities
- 17% Superannuation contributions and additional leave loading payments
- Additional 3 days of leave over Christmas period
- Discounts and entitlements (retail, education, fitness)
For further details on the benefits, please visit https://www.jobs.unsw.edu.au/lifestyle-benefits
If this is of interest to you, please submit your CV, Cover Letter and responses to the Skills and Experience outlined in the position description.
Amy Denney, Talent Acquisition Coordinator email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note applications sent directly to the contacts above cannot be accepted.
Applications close: 11.55pm, Thursday 13th July
UNSW is committed to equity diversity and inclusion. Applications from women, people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, those living with disabilities, members of the LGBTIQ+ community; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged. UNSW provides workplace adjustments for people with disability, and access to flexible work options for eligible staff.
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.