The Quest For Expansion
Rejuvenation and expansion of Quest Engineering’s QX series.
Following the release of Quest Engineering’s unique modular power amplifier, the QX-300A, the Melbourne-based pro audio manufacturer has now turned its attention to expanding the QX Series en masse, introducing 4 new power amplifiers to the range.
Offering high-quality power amplification with modern industry features, the QX4150, QX4300, QX4750 and QX41500 are designed around exceptional Class D amplifier performance, providing 4 x 150W, 4 x 300W, 4 x 750W and 4 x 1500W respectively.
Perfect for permanent audio installations requiring small to medium power amplification, the new additions to the series offer genuine flexibility of operation, with multi-channel options across each model, auto load matching LoZ & HiZ (70V or 100V) and standby functionality. Individual High-Pass and Low-Pass filters available on any channel allow for rapid installation.
The QX Series features class leading energy efficiency when units are in standby, with an automatic mute/unmute function enabling reliable activation of the amplifier within 1ms from standby.
The QX4300 and QX41500 offer Low impedance, 70V or 100V direct drive on all channels, while the QX4150 and QX4750 offer the ability to bridge channels for 2 and 3 channel operation. Slav Stepaniak, Head Quest Engineer, notes, “The new QX Series has been engineered around easy deployment of high-quality system designs — allowing for wide degrees of scale, reliability of operation and flexibility. As with the QX-300A, the new QX units are capable of Dante networking — though instead of offering a separate model for integrated Dante, the new QX rackmount models can be fitted with a dedicated expansion card to enable full Dante functionality.”
Designed, engineered, and assembled in Australia, the new QX Series is ideally suited to a variety of Pro Audio, AV and installation applications.
- Superior class D technology providing high performance power amplification
- Auto Load Sensing, 4-16 Ohm, 70V – 100V Hi Z
- Energy star compliance, standby power saving mode available per channel (switchable)
- UMAC Class-D, full bandwidth PWM modulator with ultra-low distortion
- Dante /AES67 inputs available via Dante expansion card
- Individual Volume control, Standby, 80Hz HPF, 100Hz LPF, Limiter
- Short circuit protection, DC protection, Under Voltage protection, Temperature protection, Overload protection and HF protection
- UREC universal mains Switch Mode power supply with Power Factor Correction (PFC) and integral standby converter
- 1RU models feature Euroblock-style amplifier I/O connectors
- 2RU models feature XLR and Speakon connectors and Euroblock links
- High Dynamic range incorporating DynamiQ Bass technology
- Designed, engineered, and assembled in Australia