New Blackmagic Low-Cast Switcher and Converter
ATEM Mini Pro ISO (avaliable now; US$845): A new low cost live production switcher with a new five stream recording engine that allows all video inputs to be recorded allowing a live production to be edited after the event. This allows users to get a clean feed of all inputs and use edit software multi-cam features for later editing. ATEM Mini Pro ISO also records all audio files, media pool graphics and a DaVinci Resolve project file, so a live production can be opened and edited with a single click!
ATEM Mini Pro ISO includes:
- Miniaturised control panel based design.
- Built in support for recording each input as a separate ISO file.
- Saves DaVinci Resolve project file for 1 click editing of live production.
- Supports connecting up to 4 cameras or computers.
- Live streaming via Ethernet supported on ATEM Mini Pro.
- USB output operates as a webcam and supports all video software.
- Automatically standards converts and re-syncs all HDMI inputs.
- Includes free ATEM Software Control for Mac and Windows.
- Internal media for 20 RGBA graphics for titles, opening plates and logos.
- Includes ATEM Advanced Chroma Key for green/blue screen work.
- Multiview allows monitoring of all cameras on ATEM Mini Pro.
- Audio mixer supports limiter, compressor, 6 band EQ and more!
“This new model of ATEM Mini presents a new and unique workflow. For the first time, live production has been fully integrated into a post production editing. Not only that, but with Blackmagic RAW integration, we can use the ISO files recorded in the switcher, or the files recorded in the camera.” said Grant Petty, Blackmagic Design CEO. “That’s a RAW film workflow, a post production workflow and a live production workflow all fully integrated for the first time! Imagine doing an Ultra HD fully colour graded master all from a tiny low cost HD switcher. It’s really exciting and may well generate a whole new workflow for the television industry!”
ATEM Streaming Bridge (available in August; US$245): A new converter that decodes the live stream from any ATEM Mini Pro model switcher and converts it back to SDI and HDMI video. The advantage of ATEM Streaming Bridge is broadcasters can use it to connect high quality video links direct from any ATEM Mini Pro studio. This allows broadcasters to access a wide range of talent, worldwide. ATEM Mini Pro’s video stream is much higher quality than simple conferencing software, so customers get broadcast quality, clean of any streaming software vendor logo burn-in.
“This is an exciting converter as it allows broadcasters to integrate with a worldwide talent pool of expert bloggers with ATEM Mini Pro based studios. The stream link is broadcast quality so bloggers don’t have to accept low quality streaming software with a logo burned in. ATEM Streaming Bridge can also be used on a local network so it acts as an IP converter and customers can connect to large screens and video projectors in public spaces.” said Grant Petty, Blackmagic Design CEO.