MERSIVE DEBUTS SOLSTICE 4.0 AND MORE AT ISE
Mersive Technologies announces a new hardware platform and version 4.0 of its Solstice software. Solstice 4.0 combined with Gen3 Pod hardware extends Mersive’s platform-based approach to meeting space collaboration by adding new capabilities to offer a single solution. Mersive claims that ‘these capabilities will transform how meeting rooms are designed and used by reducing the cost and complexity of traditional systems into a single platform’.
The newest version of the Solstice Pod introduces ShareSwitch, which together with an HDMI-input offers simultaneous sharing and control of both wireless and wired content sharing. The Gen3 Pod also includes dual HDMI output (single 4k or dual 1080p displays), and Power over Ethernet plus (PoE+). The new Pod also leverages version 4.0 software to increase connectivity, playback and sharing performance.
Solstice 4.0 includes added end-user capabilities such as Solstice Ink which enables collaborative highlight and mark-up displayed content from anywhere in the room by simply pointing and drawing with a smartphone. At the same time, international language support is expanded to 16 different languages.
Mersive’s Solstice platform provides the following features:
- Simultaneous HDMI-input with ShareSwitch capability allows hard-wired content sources to add a collaborative content stream directly into a Solstice session with other wireless sources.
- Dual HDMI output that can be configured to mirror or extend. In extended mode, users can post content across two displays to support more posts in view. Control across both displays remains an intuitive drag and drop interface from any connected client.
- 4k Ultra HD (single display only) provides clarity when sharing high-resolution sources to the display.
- Power over Ethernet plus (PoE+) removes the need for an external power adaptor and wall plug.
- Powerful quad-core processor with the latest video decoders supports a large number of simultaneous videos being shared.
- Stereo mini audio output supports external audio systems in the room.