Software Engineer — Audinate
Full time — Sydney, NSW.
Audinate is an Australian technology company with global impact, leading the world in networked media. Our Dante technology is used extensively in professional audio video installation including live events, broadcast, entertainment venues and communications systems.
Dante harnesses the power of IT networking to make AV better, replacing the need for specialised point-to-point analogue and digital connections. With audio and video making up so much of our daily lives, we play an important role in every great audio visual moment. The Dante technology embedded in popular AV products makes it possible for users to connect sound and vision like never before.
Audinate is both firmly established and growing rapidly — we offer a full stack solution including low level hardware, desktop and server applications.
WHAT YOU’LL BE WORKING ON
The Technology Office is responsible for investigating technology concepts and prototyping new product features to help de-risk and define the company’s technology and product roadmap. We work closely with external partners and customers to explore strategic opportunities with high potential business value. We value creativity, curiosity and a willingness for self-guided exploration and learning in new areas as well as the technical capacity to design, implement and demonstrate ideas.
You will be comfortable coming into a team that is responsible for the continued development of a mature technology yet be able to contribute to the evolution of this technology in new directions. You will care about our customers, about their customers and how they interact with our products.
- Design, develop and deliver new feature and product concepts
- Explore novel applications and additions to our core technology
- Work with product development teams to transfer new technology through to productisation
- Draw on relevant industry and personal experience to inform product and feature concepts
- Engage with Product Management, customers, and users to identify needs and opportunities
- Work with the team and other parts of the organisation around scope, timing, architecture, technology, and customer engagement
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical / Computer Engineering / Computer Science or equivalent
- Strong experience developing with C++
- Demonstrated initiative, creativity, and problem-solving skills
- Experience using and developing for Linux
- Good understanding of networking technologies
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
WHAT YOU’LL EXPERIENCE WITH US
With us, your ambition extends as far as our reach. Working alongside experts and enthusiasts from different backgrounds, you’ll refine your skills as we define our products. We’ll experience and share a purpose we can see and hear as we pioneer the future of AV together.
In addition to a competitive salary, annual bonus and equity incentive plan, you’ll experience our diverse, values-based culture and a range of benefits such as flexible working through to volunteering leave.