Lighting Technician — City Recital Hall
Casual — Sydney, NSW.
Join us at Sydney’s home of music — a premium concert hall with a prime CBD address. In our intimate hall with its unmatched acoustics, we present the finest music performances in collaboration with the industry’s best musical talents. Our people are the foundation of our business and we are always looking to recruit the right people into the right roles. We’re proud to offer a diverse range of career opportunities and we value inclusion and imagination. We offer our employees a range of benefits, learning and development opportunities. If you enjoy hard work and rewarding experiences, we invite you to be part of creating a new era in curated programming and first class live music experiences.
We understand the importance of building a great team and we want to find the right people to join us. Does this sound like you?
We are a premium live music venue in the heart of Sydney, renowned for presenting the best in acoustic music. City Recital Hall is expanding to become the destination of choice for contemporary music. The venue is growing with new technology and a highly skilled team of technicians to bring the world’s best contemporary and classical live music experiences to Sydney.
At City Recital Hall we value:
- Connection – live music connects people
- Imagination – creativity produces better performances
- Excellence – reputation is built through excellence
- Sustainability – the key to a lasting impact
To be considered for this position you should possess:
- Comprehensive skills and experience (minimum 2 years) in professional lighting services for the performing arts
- Physical fitness, agility and ability to work at heights, with a commitment to abide by WHS standards and City Recital Hall policies
- Ability and commitment to work on a rotating shift basis, including nights and weekends
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of digital technology and CAD
You should also possess good working knowledge of lighting equipment and venue infrastructure including:
- Lighting network setup and distribution
- Lighting consoles – including ETC GEO
- Moving light fixtures – setting, addressing and trouble-shooting
- Intelligent lighting fixtures including LED technology and strobes etc.
- Follow spot operation
- Conventional lighting and lamp maintenance
- System fault finding
We offer a diverse and inclusive workplace that genuinely cares about our people. Benefits include staff Wellbeing Days, access to concert tickets, salary sacrifice, an openness to flexible working arrangements, and a central CBD location well serviced by public transport.
View the full position description HERE.
For more information or to send an application, please contact email@example.com