Career Opportunity: Theatre Technician Trainee
The Empire Theatre in Toowoomba is looking for trainee theatre technicians.
ABOUT THE EMPIRE
The Empire is the largest regional performing arts precinct in the country and a hub for creative arts development in the region. Renowned for its classic art deco architecture, the heritage-listed theatre is a premier performance venue, wholly owned by Toowoomba Regional Council.
The purpose of the position is to provide production support services while also undertaking a traineeship to complete a CUA30420: Certificate III in Live Production and Technical Services. It is anticipated the employment contract will commence in late January 2024 for a 12-month period. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of an organisation that is committed to delivering outstanding service to our community.
The Empire are looking for motivated candidates with a strong desire to learn and succeed as a team member. Other capabilities we welcome are commitment, integrity and honesty with the ability to meet deadlines, good communication and interpersonal skills and an interest in the working environment.
- Keen interest in Sound / Lighting / Staging and Audio-Visual production.
- Demonstrate sound English language, literacy and numeracy skills.
- Basic keyboard and computer operations skills.
- An understanding of interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Initiative and basic problem-solving skills.
- Legally able to drive a motor vehicle in Queensland.
LICENCES & CERTIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- P1, P2 or Open Drivers Licence
- QLD Working with Children Card
- Senior First Aid & CPR
THE EMPIRE BENEFITS
- Flexible working arrangements
- Discounted tickets to performances
- Friendly, motivating and supportive team environment
- Industry specific Single Enterprise Agreement
- Dedicated Employee Assistance Program
- Organisation wide commitment to vision, purpose and values
- Located in Queensland’s largest inland city renowned for its beautiful scenery and peaceful atmosphere
The Empire is an Equal Opportunity Employer that provides an inclusive work environment and embraces the diverse talent of its people. We value people of all cultures, languages, capacities, sexual orientations, gender identities and/or expressions. We are committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants are required to provide a resume, and a descriptive one-page letter outlining some of your key live production experience and achievements to date.
Applicants must not have completed a qualification equal to or above a Certificate III level in any similar technical production qualification. For example, completing a Cert III, Cert IV, Diploma, Advanced Diploma or Degree in any technical production discipline will make you ineligible. It may suit a school leaver.
Employment conditions as per Empire Theatres Pty Ltd Single Enterprise Agreement 2019 (AG2019/2926).
Fixed Term Full Time
Initial six-week induction / probation period:
- Level 1 – $23.93 per hour / $47285.68 per annum (38-hour week)
Following successful completion of probation:
- Level 2 – $25.89 per hour / $51158.64 per annum (38-hour week)
Plus 11% superannuation.
Please be advised that the preferred candidate for this position, will be required to attend and participate in a skills assessment to further evaluate suitability for the position.
Please submit your application by 4pm on Wednesday, 6 December 2023 to email@example.com
Interviews will be conducted 12 – 14 December 2023.
The Quick Apply Link is HERE