AV Engineer – La Trobe University
Full Time - Bundoora, VIC.
Develop your career at an innovative, global university where you’ll collaborate with community and industry to create impact. Enjoy working on our inspiring and stunning campuses — the perfect hub for industry, students and academics. Help transform the lives of students, partners and communities now and in future.
About The Role
As the AV Systems Engineer you will assist the AV Design Engineer in the design and commissioning of audio-visual systems, provide recommendations on the configuration and operation of these systems and provide instruction to customers by way of training, signage, and maintaining a knowledge base. You will work with the AV design engineer, project managers, builders, and integrators to plan and manage the implementation timeline, facilitate, and delegate tasks necessary to bring the system to completion, training, and handover to the customer. Your goal is the final sign off and acceptance by the customer of a new audio-visual installation.
- 2 full time positions
- Fixed term contract until 30th Nov, 2024
- both positions are based at Bundoora Campus, Melbourne
- HEO7 – $90,259 – $ 99,291 plus 17% superannuation
Skills & Experience
To be considered for this position you will have:
- An undergraduate degree in any area relevant to the position with at least 4 years subsequent experience; or extensive experience and management expertise; or an equivalent alternate combination of relevant knowledge, training and/or experience
- 3+ years of experience in an audio-visual role, with technical and customer facing responsibilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills, especially the capacity to work collaboratively and cooperatively in small teams
- Demonstrated organisation and problem-solving skills, with an ability to manage several different projects concurrently
- Demonstrated skills in research, evaluation or interpretation of data
- Demonstrated high level of self-motivation and personal management skills
- Ability to apply theoretical knowledge to bring together diverse and sometimes conflicting information to solve problems
- Proven experience communicating and presenting technical solutions to end-users
- Experience with a technical drawing software, demonstrated experience in creation of AV design drawings and AV component selection
- Ability to prepare and deliver user documentation and training in the operation of AV systems
- Proven experience and training with Crestron, Extron, AMX, Biamp, Q-SYS and Logitech would be highly regarded
- Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position
- 17% employer contributed superannuation
- On site child care facilities
- Flexible work arrangements
- Discounts for staff and their family members to study a range of La Trobe courses
How To Apply
Closing date: 12th March 2023 By 11:55pm
Position Enquiries: Adriano Salutari hiring manager via email email@example.com
Recruitment Enquiries: Recruitment@latrobe.edu.au
Position Description below:
AV Engineer – Position Description.docx
Only candidates with Full Working Rights in Australia may apply for this position.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter, including a paragraph outlining your suitability for the position based on information outlined in the PD; and
- An up-to-date resume
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.