AV Installation Technician / B&H Australia — AV.technology
Full Time — Melbourne/Eastern Suburbs.
B&H Australia is a privately owned company with a 34-year history in Audio Visual Integration. Our Melbourne operations have been growing steadily and require the assistance of an experienced installer. You will need to be a genuine people-person, with meticulous attention to detail and able to think on your feet.
You will team up with some of the most experienced installation teams in the business, who have a wealth of knowledge, drive and a singularly positive attitude. You will be supported by the Project Manager, Project Co-ordinator, the National Technical Manager, and Programmers. From one day to the next you may be working in construction sites, schools, universities or corporate boardrooms. There will be occasional regional travel, but the majority of our clientele are in the Melbourne CBD and surrounds.
You take 100% pride in everything you do. You prefer things done right and done once. You embrace changing technology. You focus on the details and deliver a finished solution you can be proud of every time. To be successful in this role you will be installing currently in Melbourne. You may have come from a data cabling or CCTV background but you must have at least 5 years experience in the audio visual industry. You will need to be familiar with projection of all shapes and sizes, digital signage, video walls, unified communications and Crestron, AMX and Extron control systems.
- 2 years + installing in the audio visual industry
- Experience with projection, video walls, video conferencing, digital signage, DSP’s, rack building, CCTV and data cabling preferred
- Control system programming highly regarded (Crestron, AMX, Extron, CBUS)
- Networking, routers, switching and structured cabling
- Unified Communications — Teams, Zoom, Webex
- Experience with scissor lifts, scaffold and appropriate certs such as Working Safely at Heights
- Excellent communication both written and verbal
- System fault-finding and repair
- Able to read technical construction and architectural drawings
- Delivering basic system user training
- Job reporting — obtaining signoff and completion status
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritise your own workload and to work as part of a team
- Excellent relationship-building skills with the ability to engage with people of all levels of technical expertise
- Current Construction Induction White Card essential
- Ability to obtain a Working with Children Card essential
- Ability to pass a National Criminal History Check essential
- Own hand tools preferred
- Full Drivers Licence essential
- As the majority of our clients require full vaccination to come onto their premises, full vaccination is mandatory
What You’ll Get In Return
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a great organisation that has a strong brand. A comprehensive package is on offer including generous base wage, company van, laptop, and phone for the right candidate.
How To Apply
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV.
Your application will include the following questions:
- Do you hold a Construction Induction Safety certificate (White Card)?
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Which of the following statements best describes your Covid-19 vaccination status?
- Which of the following height safety tickets have you completed?
- How many years’ experience do you have as an Installation Technician?
- Do you have a current Australian driver’s licence?
Apply on Seek here.
B&H Australia: bhaustralia.com.au